Adam’s Preparedness for COVID-19
As the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold, the safety of our customers and employees continues to be Adam’s highest priority. We are monitoring all updates issued by the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state authorities.
While we are very concerned about COVID-19 and are taking all of the necessary precautions, we recognize the importance of professional pest management to the nation as an essential service.
Pest Management Professionals play a vital role in protecting our nation’s public health and food supply. Pests can spread diseases such as West Nile virus, Lyme disease, salmonellosis, hantavirus and encephalitis. Stinging insects force half a million people to the emergency room every year. Cockroach and rodent allergens trigger asthma attacks in children; rodents contaminate or consume about 20% of the world’s food supply and bed bugs can cause allergic reactions.
What you can expect during the COVID-19 crisis:
- Adam’s is currently scheduling pest control treatments for new and existing customers.
- There is very little need for any close, personal interaction with your technician. Most of our residential pest control treatments are around the exterior perimeter of your home.
- All of our Healthy Lawn treatments can be done without any interaction with your technician.
- If a pest is observed inside and/or an interior prevention treatment is scheduled, we will perform the service following social distancing recommendations. Adam’s corporate policy requires our technicians to wear face masks whenever they are inside any structure or interacting with any customer.
- Please inform the scheduler or your technician if anyone in your home is exhibiting symptoms or is under quarantine. We will provide external treatments, but may elect to postpone interior treatments until a later date.
- If the technician dispatched to your home or business is uncomfortable providing an interior treatment for any reason, Adam’s will reschedule the appointment with a different technician.
- We will act in a socially responsible way, including maintaining an appropriate social distance.
- We won’t be knocking on your door.
- We’re still friendly, but we won’t be shaking hands (or even bumping elbows).
- We won’t be leaving a printed invoice on site.
- For your safety and peace of mind, Adam’s technicians regularly disinfect their vehicle and equipment with an EPA-registered residual disinfectant that is proven to kill germs and viruses, including the COVID-19 virus.
- We won’t ask you to sign anything. Instead, we’ll note your initials on the service receipt.
Please remember, Adam’s service visits are typically 1:1; and can be performed while safely maintaining 4′-6′ of social distance. Additionally, your Adam’s technician typically services only about 10 properties per day — mostly exterior with little personal contact — resulting in a very minimal risk of exposure.
If rescheduling an appointment becomes necessary:
- Please call 763-478-9810, Ext.2 to speak with a representative.
- We will do our very best to accommodate your request.
These are challenging times for us all, but please know that Adam’s Pest Control is at your service. We are thinking about you and we urge you to stay safe and follow World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for updates, hygiene and health recommendations.
Thank you for your concern for our mutual safety. We appreciate your business and never take the trust you place in us for granted.