Adam’s makes your lawn beautiful and pest-free.
Adam’s professional lawn care services will keep your lawn green, lush, and healthy. And whether ugly weeds or pesky pests are what’s bugging you, Adam’s will get rid of them, guaranteed.
- No weeds.
- No pests.
- No hassles.
Spring Lawn Care Tips
- Pick up and discard debris, pet waste, and trash that have accumulated over the winter.
- Once soil is dry, rake your lawn to remove dead grass. More than ½” of thatch build-up is too much, so rake vigorously enough to remove thatch. A power rake may be preferred for large lawns and/or significant thatch. Areas affected by snow mold will need special attention.
As you rake, look for moss plants which can indicate soil compaction. If you did not aerate your lawn in the fall and your soil is compacted, you may need to aerate early in the spring.
- Apply grass seed to any bare patches. Make sure seeds are covered with soil. Typically, ¼” of soil is needed. Five weeks after the grass germinates, apply a quick-release nitrogen fertilizer.
- If road salt caused the bare spots, reseed with a salt-tolerant grass seed.
- Most lawns will benefit from an early application of fertilizer. Apply fertilizer to low-maintenance grass and shady areas at half the recommended rate.
- Mow your lawn to a height of not less than 2" and allow grass to grow taller as summer progresses.
Call for a FREE, 7-Point Lawn Analysis 763-478-9810
Adam’s FREE 7 Point Lawn Analysis
Adam’s experienced lawn professional will evaluate your turf and provide recommendations for a healthy, lush lawn. Adam’s inspection and lawn analysis includes:
- Determining the type of grass -- While most lawns in our area are a blend of grasses, knowing the type of grass that makes up most of your lawn is important for determining the best watering, mowing, and fertilizing practices.
- Reviewing the color – the color shows the general health of your lawn. For example, if the blades are green down near the dirt but the tips are yellow and brown, your lawn may have fungus.
- Measuring turf density – assessing the density informs you on the relative condition of your lawn and whether or not improvements are needed.
- Identifying shade and other problem areas – so you know how to properly manage them
- Inspecting for disease and pests – and recommending best treatments if anything is found.
- Identifying weeds – knowing the weeds in your yard enables you to determine the best treatment protocol, including the “right” time for treatments
- Measuring the thatch – too much thatch increases the possibility of pests and disease; and limits the effect of water and fertilizer
Adam’s will review the findings with you and recommend a tailored lawn care strategy for mowing, watering and feeding your lawn.
Adam’s makes your lawn healthy and beautiful in 3 ways:
A well-fertilized lawn is not only beautiful, it is better at preventing weed infestation, disease, and damage from drought. Adam’s uses only premium, professional grade fertilizers made from naturally occurring ingredients, including nitrogen and potassium. Adam’s turf experts determine the precise blend of ingredients and the exact timing of each application to maximize the effectiveness of the treatments. The result: a beautiful, healthy lawn.
Weeds are not only unattractive; they can rob your lawn of essential nutrients. Adam’s weed control program includes both a pre-emergent treatment to prevent crabgrass and other grassy weeds before they appear and contact treatments at peak germination periods to control persistent broadleaf weeds. Adam’s technicians are highly trained and licensed by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture. Adam’s specially selected and tested weed control products are registered with the Environmental Protection Agency and are always applied following national, state, and local laws and rules.
Adam’s is a recognized leader in extermination and prevention services for all pests, including wildlife and interior pests. Since 1971, Adam’s has provided fast response, competitive pricing, friendly service, and 100% customer satisfaction. You can trust Adam's Pest Control in and around your home. Adam’s techs are licensed, certified, have passed criminal background checks & drug screening, and receive more than 60 hours of advanced pest management training each year; meaning faster, better solutions to all your pest problems with the lowest environmental impact practical.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
If you are unhappy for any reason with the service you receive from Adam’s, we will gladly re-treat at no additional cost until the problem is solved and you are completely satisfied.
It’s as simple as that.
- No excuses.
- No fine print.
At Adam’s, we don’t want to be the biggest lawn care company, we want to be the best.
Call us today for a FREE lawn consultation! 763-478-9810
Adam’s has been eradicating pests and weeds since 1971.